Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Don't I know you?

Today as I was arriving at my place of employment (on time, mind you!), I came around the corner near the bank of elevators only to discover that a full car was leaving and one person was standing outside waiting. This person was Sun Dress secretary. Sun Dress secretary works on the same floor as me but is on a different team. Nevertheless, I've seen Sun Dress secretary most every day since I've been employed here. A little less than 8 months, in case you were keeping score.

Anyway, Sun Dress secretary and I get on the elevator together and she pushes the button to our floor. Then she turns to me and in an attempt to be very helpful says "which floor are you going to?" I respond with "same floor you are, of course."

She looks at me. Pauses. Looks away. Pauses. Looks back at me and says "Oh. Are you on the juvenile team?"

Polite smile, "Um.... yup. You walk by my office every day."

"Oh. Ummmm..... I thought you looked familiar."

Good thing I've made a lasting impression on these people.

1 comment:

Old Stinky Cat Lady said...

hahahaha dissed and dismissed.