Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Apprehension

So here's the situation. My office is experiencing a tiny bit of a
financial crisis. To wit, we have to cut something in the range of
$2,000,000 from the budget. That's a lot of cashola. Further, I am at
the bottom of the proverbial totem pole. The very bottom. The part
that is just a couple inches above the dirt. Which means I'd be among
the very first to go if they decide to ax anyone. Actually in
retrospect the totem pole analogy doesn't really work since you can't
cut off the bottom of a pole without toppling the whole thing... Maybe
it's more like a hanging plant of some kind and I am the newest bud...
Not perfect but better.
But I digress. As the lowest bud I really hope they don't prune me.
That would really suck. I have an awesome job with awesome team mates
and an awesome amount of power to abuse. I don't even know what I'd
do. So while the powers that be promise us no one will lose their job,
I remain concerned. I really hope they don't get wise to all the screw
ups...

Also I made turkey tacos tonight and they were gooooood!

Sent from my phone.

2 comments:

Old Stinky Cat Lady said...

you work for the gov. here's the skinny, they always threaten the worse.. Furloughs and the like, but then they miraculously save the day. No need to fret.

Anonymous said...

You do not have an awesome team...the awesome team is the one you just abandoned... :( Why Why Why?!?!?!?