Sunday, May 03, 2009

Proofread much?

Today I was at the planet'arium. One of my favoritest places. I love it there. In addition to finding new and exciting toys for my office I like to go because I get to watch movies and learn things at the same time. Win win. Today though I noticed for the first time that one of the exhibits contained a spelling mistake! How did that happen? If you're making a scientifical exhibit, wouldn't you at least make sure that all the words are spelled correctly? In case you're wondering the mistake was spelling "stretches" as "streches" Not huge, granted, but come on!

Oh who am I kidding? I love finding spelling mistakes. It makes me feel smugly superior (not that I needed much help in that department).

Also my trip to the planet'arium was notable today for another reason. I had another weird "date" with my mysterious and inscrutable friend. Cut to sitting with each other in the theatre, knees accidentally touching in the dark and not being moved away. Leaning in a little bit closer than absolutely necessary to whisper a comment. Tiny little intimate things that suggest that elusive romantic interest. And yet later, having dinner. Small talk. Work this, school that, blah blah blah. Nothing significant. Then it was over and we went our separate ways again.

I wonder how long this uncertainty can last before my natural penchant for disaster reasserts itself and I force the issue? I guess I'm not really in a rush. If I treat it like an intellectual puzzle I can keep it up for a long time (that's what she said).

3 comments:

Karen said...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it take two to small talk?

Old Stinky Cat Lady said...

just ask what the F is going on?! I can't take this anymore!

Anonymous said...

I second Old Stinky Cat Lady's comment. I want to know more details!!!